The college library established in 1979. It has more than 7500 books. The remains open from 10.30 am. to 4.30 pm on all working days.
1. The membership of the college library is confined to the bonfire students and employees of the college.
2. Only the members of the library are entitled to use the library.
3. Books will be issued to students of different classes, according to a time schedule notified from time to time.
4. No book shall be taken out of the library without the knowledge of the librarian and until it has been properly entered in the issue register and the entry attested by the borrower.
5. Each borrower must examine the conditions of the books before issue, otherwise, in case of mutilation discovered later on, presumption will be against the borrower.
6. Books shall be returned within a stipulated period.15 days in case of students and 30 days in case of the teaching staff. However , if a borrower wants to use the book for a longer period, he may get it reissued after the due date .Such books may be reissued only when there is no demand for the same by any other intending borrower.
7. When the time for the return of a book falls on an authorized holiday, it may be returned to the library on the day the library reopens.
8. All the books belonging to the library and in possession of borrowers shall be returned to the library to the library before the college closes for any long vacation or before the date notified for the purpose.
9. Any body in possession of a library book shall return it to the library whenever he/she received a requisition notice for the return of the same from the library.
10. Improper use of library books like tearing the pages, disfiguring or multilating will be considered as beach of privilege and hence punishable by the authority.
11. The principal has right to stop the issue of certain books to all or intending borrowers.
12. If a book is damaged or lost by a borrower he will have to replace the same by a new one or pay thrice the price of the book . In cases where price of the book .In cases where price of the book cannot be ascertained he should pay as compension the amount fixed by the principal.
13. In case of a student borrower, books kept over time will meet with a fine Re.0.10 (ten paise) per day per book.
14.Students are not permited to go beyond the library counter.
15. students of a particular class shall submit the slips containing the list of books on priority basis between 10 A.M. to 12 noon on the day allowed to them. The issue will be made according to availability of books on the priority of slips between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m the next day.
16. Scince books issued to a borrower are to be entered in the borrower’s card, students must submit their cards along with slip for requisition. At the time of return they shall have to submit the card to the librarian.
17. The borrower’s card will be issued to all the bonafied students of the college by the librarian on seeing the identity card, after admission is over. In the case of loss of the borrower’s card, one has to pay Re.1.00 along with a fine Rs.5.00 at the counter for a duplicate card after taking permission from the librarian
18. The maximum number of books to be issued to different categories of borrowers are as follows-
(a) Teaching staff
(i) Staff of Dept.having Hons
(ii) Staff of Dept. without Hons.
(b) Ministerial staff, Demonstrators,
Librarians and P.E.T (Except text book)
(c) Other staff (Except text book)
(d) +2 course students
(e) Degree students(pass)
(f) Honours students
(However students securing 1st class marks in H.S or H.S.C Examination may borrow more books with permission from the principal)
19. A borrower is supposed to know the library rules and is supposed to have agreed to abide by them. Ignorance of the library rules will be no excuse for the breach of any rules.
Copyright © 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Alarnath Dhandamulak Mohavidyalaya